Avocados are loaded with Vitamins C and E, that are essential for the softness and health of the skin and glossiness of the hair. Avocados are also heart healthy as they are rich in omega-9 fatty acids and also have anti-inflammatory properties. Did you know? The main antioxidant in avocado is lutein, which is known to help against eye and heart diseases!
Quick Tip: Cut up slices of avocado with low-fat milk to make a very healthy and wholesome milk shake! You can also add avocado slices to your salad with lemon and a hint of olive oil. Just Delicious
Guacamole served with Baked Paprika Tortillas
Ingredients for 1 portion
40g or 1 medium sized, ripe avocado
10g chopped tomatoes
10g finely chopped red onion
2g fresh lime juice
1g sea salt
Pinch of black pepper
5g freshly chopped green jalapeno
2g roughly chopped coriander leaves
25g or 1x10 inch flour tortilla
500mg paprika powder
For the guacamole:
1. Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh into a bowl.
2. Chop the onions, tomatoes, coriander and jalapeno, and add these to the avocado.
3. Add seasoning, olive oil and lime juice and mash up the ingredients with a fork or a potato masher.
Tip: reserve the pit in case you’re making this recipe ahead of time or in the unlikely instance you might have any leftovers… Place the pit in your guacamole, this will keep your guacamole bright and green!
1. Cut whole-wheat tortilla into triangles. Place on a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180'C for 10mins, until golden.
2. Sprinkle with paprika and allow to cool.