WHEAT AND SUGAR-FREE PUMPKIN COOKIES
We first developed this recipe for our Selective Plus clients who suffer from wheat allergies and intolerances but have to say they’re one of my favorite items which just shows that even if you’re on a restrictive diet, you can still enjoy many of life’s little pleasures!
120g corn starch
95g Gluten-free flour mix
95g Pumpkin puree, canned
50g Homemade applesauce
48g Light butter
23g Sliced almonds
5g Bicarbonate of soda
5g Cinnamon powder
5ml Vanilla essence
1g Baking powder
- - Preheat the oven to 165°C.
- - In a bowl, sift together the cornstarch and gluten-free flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and cinnamon powder.
- - In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and honey using an electric mixer or spatula. Fold in the applesauce, vanilla essence and pumpkin puree.
- - Add your dry mix to the wet mixture and beat together until smooth, and finally add the almonds. Mix well.
- - Shape the batter into flattened rounds, weighing almost 15 grams. Place the cookies in on a greased baking paper and bake for 9-12 minutes or until golden. Makes about 30 pieces.
Nutrition Information (Per Serving)
- - Energy 51 calories
- - Fat 2 grams
- - Carbohydrates 8 grams